Frontier 350 - file conversion trouble

The place to ask any question regarding any issue with your Fujifilm photofinishing equipment. Digital or analog.

Moderators: cj.ruiz, astramiello, mitrofanov_serge

U221E

22 Jan 2019, 07:49

Hello everyone. I have a quite unusual problem at last couple of days, not defined by hardware parts, but, in my opinion, it exists somewhere with fuji software and/or system, which contains those. We had check every part of hardware and connections between computer, that runs 'machine' part of software and the one, who serves as print server for it, and trouble is very annoying, because I didn't find anything similar in official manuals. When we are sending a file, or a group of files to print (they may be any size and can have any available parameters that you can define via fujifilm digital imaging print service) and it appears, that no matter what - file(s) are stuck in conversion process FOREVER. After deleting all orders via 'Trash' button, and closing the program, and even killing all related processes in Windows task manager, if they also appear to stuck after closing somehow, and restarting all system, including the machine itself, it happens that trouble remains even after full restart from scratch. We hadn't install any new software recently or somehow change any settings of program itself, and earlier today we've check ALL the connections in our local computers-fuji frontier machine network (and when I say 'ALL', I mean it. even the godd*mn WLAN cabels etcetera, though they are the least probable cause of mentioned trouble). Maybe, someone had similar issues with their network or software before? I don't even know, which side of our equipment or software may be faulty. The 'server' computer is quite old and runs under Windows 2000 SP1 or SP2, if that helps in any suggestions (I can check the exact version tomorrow to be more specific). Generally it seems, that files start to convert and then are stuck in inspool, or even some of them manage to reach an outspool, but later stuck on random one, after some of them are marked as 'outspool'. It doesn't depend on files' quantity, though - it can be order, consisting of 3 or 300 files respectively, or any other quantities (I know, that large orders convert longer). I can atttach a video of that nasty converting and show how it 'works' in processes, shown in taskmgr tomorrow. My best regards to those, who can give any advice, because we are already very stuck on this issue.
yustas
Forum Admin

22 Jan 2019, 08:58

Please respect the other readers of the forum.
Writing without formatting is not good for reading and understanding of the point of your topic.
Reinstall Di-computer.
We recommend using MS01 as a server and disconnect a scanner to control the lab via FMPC.
minilablaser.com
Laser repair service
Diode laser modules