MS13 won't start

The place to ask any question regarding any issue with your Fujifilm photofinishing equipment. Digital or analog.

Moderators: cj.ruiz, astramiello, mitrofanov_serge

gallery

22 Jul 2019, 12:41

Fellow FujiFilm Friends,

I have installed MS13 (Lan Spool Software) on our FEII-FRONTEND following the guide in the MS13 manual.
However, it does not appear to start properly. MS01 is working properly.

The DI SimplePrint icon does not appear on the launcher bar, nor can I access the admin dialog to enter any settings. Windows Task Manager, however, does show SimIn.exe to be running.
After a while, there is a message saying 'initializing...' and clicking the message will produce 'program not responding'. I have also seen a message saying 'Default ini cannot be found.

FEII-FRONTEND specs: Core2Duo 2,66 GHz, 4Gb RAM, Win7/32bits, SP1; MS01 version 4.2; MS13 version 2.0-0E-011 W7.

Job creation on client PCs appears to be working, i.e. jobs end up in the C8Spool directory including the 'condition' and 'end' text files.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I think it might also help if anybody could send me (or post) a working Default.ini from a similar setup and tell me its location.

Thanks in advance.
mitrofanov_serge
Forum Moderator

30 Jul 2019, 18:28

Reinstall the program. Install run without running MS software. Output device - PicSRGB. in the settings of formats check the item - optional software for all used formats.
gallery

23 Aug 2019, 14:11

Fellow FujiFilm Friends,

After reinstalling MS01 and MS13 (Lan Spool Software), I believe I am now left with only one error preventing MS13 from starting properly.

Previously, there was an MFC error, presumably in Japanese, followed by a message stating the default.ini could not be found, i.e. SimIn error #9009.
After the reinstall, that's the only one left, so maybe I'm closer to a solution.

I've looked into SimIn.exe with a hex editor. Inside the executable .\Ini\Default.ini is mentioned, so I think the existing Default.ini in C:\SimIn\ini has the right name and is in the right place.

After the installation, the registry has entries for SimIn.exe and Default.ini starting with C?: where I would expect C:\. Can anyone verify MS13 working with the C?: in the registry, please?

Any other sugestions are, of course, most welcome. Thanks in advance.